Pain Relief at its Very Best
Swiss DolorClast has been setting new standards in orthopaedic shock wave therapy since 1999. With over 6,000 devices in use worldwide, the system offers everything you need for Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT).
The Swiss DolorClast Master is a small, handy and mobile unit for effective pain therapy in near-skin indications. It delivers gentle and efficient treatment with pneumatically generated shock waves transmitted to the area where pain occurs. Impulse frequencies can be freely selected, allowing the duration of treatment to be kept as short as possible. A treatment with 2,000 impulses only takes from five to ten minutes.
The Swiss DolorClast Master allows the desirable side effects of ESWT – improved blood circulation and revascularization, increased metabolic activity and cell regeneration – to occur without the undesired effects of pain requiring anesthesia or local block, bleeding, or skin lesions.
As a precision compressed-air impulse accelerates the projectile in the applicator, the impact of the projectile on the applicator generates the shock wave. The shock wave is then delivered to the tissue and produces an extensive analgesic area. By radiating out, shock waves extend to the entire area where pain occurs.
ESWT releases more substance P, a pain mediator and growth factor. Not only does the release of substance P have an analgesic effect but it also dilates the blood vessels, stimulates blood circulation and contributes to the formation of new bone tissue.
By inhibiting inflammatory mediators such as COX II, shock waves also produce an anti-inflammatory effect. In addition, shock waves help strengthen the body’s endogenous cellular defense mechanisms by contributing to the release of free radicals.
Finally, scientific studies show that shock waves intensify the analgesic effect by over stimulating the nerve fibers thus blocking an increase in pain stimuli.
DolorClast® Master Features:
- Pneumatically generated shock wave
- Plug-and-treat system
- Controlled application (indicator for applied pressure)
- Applicators designed for a wide range of indications
- Compact design and easy handling
- Low system maintenance cost
- Freely selectable impulse frequencies
- Model – Swiss DolorClast® Master
- Classification EN 60601-1
- Class I, Applied part, Type BF, IP 20, unit, IP X1, pneumatic foot pedal, IP X8, electrical foot pedal, Mode: Continuous operation
- Applied part, Type BF – Swiss DolorClast handpiece
- Classification 93 / 42 EEC – Class IIb
- Supply voltage – 100 V AC / 240 V AC
- Mains frequency – 50 – 60 Hz
- Power consumption – 40 VA
- Fuses – Ø 5 x 20 mm, 250 V AC, time lag (Phase and Neutral), T 1.6 A L
- Compressed air supply – 5 – 6 bar (5000 – 6000 hPa), 20 ml/min at 4 bar
- Operating mode – Multiple pulse moderepetition rate: 1 – 15 Hz
- Operating pressure – 1 – 4 bar
- Weight – Approx. 6.4 kg
- Dimensions in mm (HxWxD) – 135 x 395 x 365
- Operating conditions – +10° C to +40° C, 30% to 75% relative humidity
- Storage and transport conditions – -10°C to +40°C, 10% to 95% relative humidity, 500 hPa to 1060 hPa air pressure