One of the questions we get asked most frequently is this: Is the Verju fat reduction laser safe? Doctors and clinicians are of course concerned about introducing their clients or patients to any treatment that might expose them to physical harm and expose the doctor or clinician to liability. On top of that, the whole notion of non-invasive fat reduction, weight loss and body sculpting seems, on the surface at least, to be a somewhat suspect proposition. So responsible medical professionals and spa owners are naturally hesitant to bring anything so new and revolutionary into their office without vetting it thoroughly first.
The Good News About the Verju Fat Reduction Laser
Fortunately, the answer to the question of whether Verju is safe is an unqualified “Yes”. Below we’ll get into the details of why that is and how Verju stacks up to traditional body contouring procedures like liposuction.
Table Of Contents
- The Devil You Know
- Liposuction Safety Considerations
- The Verju Fat Reduction Laser Difference
- Why is Verju So Safe?
- What Will Your Patients Feel During the Procedure?
- Who Should Consider Cold Laser Fat Reduction Therapy?
- Will Verju Remove as Much Fat as Lipo?
- Should You Introduce the Verju Body Contouring Machine to Your Practice?
The Devil You Know
Human nature is to stick with the familiar, even if it’s imperfect. Hence the saying “Better the devil you know than the one you don’t know”. Such is the case with liposuction. Even though it is well known for producing some pretty intense side effects like bruising, swelling, scarring, intense pain, nerve damage and even death (approximately 1 out of every 10,000 lipo patients dies as a result of the procedure), it is nonetheless a known quantity.
Nearly 400,000 people undergo liposuction annually and that number has continued to grow steadily in recent years. So you’re going to have to make a pretty convincing argument why people should switch to Verju before they’ll abandon a procedure as well-known and popular as liposuction. The best way to make the case why your patients should consider the Verju fat reduction laser system instead of lipo is to tackle the question of safety.
Liposuction Safety Considerations
bove we touched on a few of the side effects associated with liposuction. But in order to get a true picture of the risks involved in this harsh procedure we need to take a more comprehensive look at what could happen to a lipo patient during or after the procedure. Those risks include:
- Reaction to anesthesia – After years of decline the death rate from general anesthesia is back on the rise. Today, 7 out of every 1 million people who undergo general anesthesia die on the operating table as a result. But the more disturbing fact is that 1 in 20 people die within a year of undergoing general anesthesia. The fact that the Verju system does not require anesthesia is a major selling point over lipo.
- Nerve damage – Liposuction as you know is an extremely high impact procedure where a steel rod is thrust into the offending tissue to break up fat deposits so they can be vacuumed out. In the process it is not uncommon for nerve endings in the treatment area to be negatively affected. This won’t happen with Verju.
- Long term post-treatment swelling – In the aftermath of liposuction serious swelling is a fact of life. Compression garments are typically advised in an attempt to keep such swelling under control. But still widespread swelling can persist for months. This won’t happen with the Verju fat reduction laser
- Deep vein thrombosis – DVT is another potential side effect of liposuction that will simply not come into play where the Verju body contouring machine is concerned.
- Damage to lungs or other vital organs – Health professionals are all too aware of the inherent risks to vital organs during the conduct of liposuction. Inadvertent puncturing of the lungs, stomach, kidneys and liver present a significant risk to patients. Such risks are simply never in play when you employ the Verju fat and cellulite reduction system.
- Intense pain either short or long term – Many patients experience significant pain for up to a week after liposuction and often require prescription painkillers to manage it. With the Verju body contouring machine the vast majority of patients experience zero pain in the aftermath of treatment.
- Tissue death – Although not common the risk of tissue death (skin necrosis) following liposuction is still unacceptably high. This is another risk factor that simply does not come into play with the Verju system.
- Patient death – As we mentioned earlier it is not unheard of for liposuction patients to die during the procedure. There has never been a documented case of anyone dying as a result of the Verju fat reduction laser.
With all of these risks commonly in play it is fairly remarkable that so many people choose to have liposuction anyway. To a degree it speaks of the intense desire people have to rid themselves of the excess body fat that has been dogging them for years. It also speaks to the fact that for decades now liposuction has pretty much been the only game in town that is capable of producing dependable, predictable results most of the time.
For Fat Reduction laser Treatment Call Us @905-669-1154
The Verju Fat Reduction Laser Difference
So in spite of the many well-documented risks involved people continue to show up at clinics and hospitals ready to take the lipo-plunge. The good news, however, is that they no longer have to. When you offer the Verju cellulite reduction laser machine to your patients or clients you’re providing them with one of the safest and most dependable methods of reducing body fat that’s ever been invented.
With the Verju fat reduction laser system your patients will NOT experience any of the aforementioned liposuction risks and/or side effects. Instead they can pop into your office on their lunch break, undergo a short treatment and return to work without missing a beat. But let’s be real. No medical procedure is completely free of risk. So let’s take a look at what few risks there are related to the cold laser fat reduction system.
- Some patients may experience some temporary redness in the treated area and there may be some temporary numbness in the area as well. In either case, clinical experience is that these symptoms should pass fairly rapidly.
- In very rare instances (typically less than 1% of cases) a patient may experience a mild burning sensation. It’s not entirely understood why some feel this burning sensation while most do not but even those who experience it note that it passes in short order.
- Studies indicate that just over 3% of people who have the procedure need to undergo revisions at a later date. That may seem like a high number but it’s actually far lower than for any other type of cosmetic surgery. Rhinoplasty, for instance, has a revision rate of nearly 25%.
A statistically insignificant number of individuals claim to experience other side effects. It is believed that many of these anomalies are likely unrelated to the Verju fat reduction laser system.
Why is Verju So Safe?
The safety of the Verju system has to do with how the laser works to remove fat. The non-invasive Verju fat reduction laser specifically targets fat cells while leaving other cells untouched. The laser is tuned to a specific frequency that punctures holes in the fat cell wall. These perforations then allow fat to drain from the cell.
The cell itself is not killed however, since that could create a physiological imbalance. Instead, it stays in place in its deflated state. The fat that leaks from the cell then joins with the interstitial fluid and is evacuated from the body by the lymphatic system. In addition, since fat cells also tend to store a range of toxins, flushing this material from the body has a remarkable cleansing effect.
What Will Your Patients Feel During the Procedure?
The procedure itself is remarkably fast and requires no special preparation, no anesthesia and no recovery time. The patient simply undresses (they may leave their underwear on if they wish) and lies on the table. The arms of the device are adjusted to target the specific areas the technician will be working on and it’s ready to go.
The procedure itself typically lasts anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes during which time the patient is fully conscious. Because the Verju laser reduction system uses a cold rather than a hot laser the vast majority of patients feel nothing. A tiny number state that they sometimes feel as though they are being mildly pinched from time to time. But that’s it.
Most patients experience zero swelling, redness or tenderness afterward and when the procedure is finished they simply rise from the table and go back to their busy schedule. Contrast that with liposuction where the patient can be completely out of circulation for a week or more and side effects like swelling can linger for months.
No painkillers are required in the aftermath of the Verju procedure. About the only thing patients are advised to do is drink plenty of water to help the body flush the released fat and toxins from the system.
Who Should Consider Cold Laser Fat Reduction Therapy?
There are a number of variables that go into determining if a client or patient should undergo Verju cold laser fat reduction therapy, including:
- The amount of excess fat – The Verju system is not intended for those suffering from morbid obesity. Rather it is intended for those with low to moderate amounts of excess fat.
- The location of the fat – Patients seeking primarily to have fat removed from their face, neck or arms would be best advised to seek other treatment methods.
- Overall health – Even though the Verju fat reduction laser system is extremely low impact patients should still be good overall health, beyond their excess body fat.
For the Most Effective Results
The Verju body contouring machine is not a blunt object like liposuction, where a vacuum is inserted under the skin that sucks out the fat tissue and anything else that it encounters. The Verju cellulite reduction laser/machine is instead a device that attacks the problem of excess adipose tissue in an incremental way that yields much more natural-looking results over time. It is at its most effective when it is employed as a complement to a healthy diet and exercise.
Will Verju Remove as Much Fat as Lipo?
The short answer is “It depends”. In cases where the excess body fat in question is not extreme the Verju laser system will remove as much fat as liposuction. However, as we said above, in cases of morbid obesity cold laser fat reduction therapy is of little use.
Even in patients who are good candidates fat reduction using cold laser will take more time than lipo and your patients would be wise to couple their Verju therapy with healthier eating and exercise that will allow the fat loss to become permanent. In addition, patients won’t have to put up with the odious risks and side effects of lipo which include all those mentioned above.
Should You Introduce the Verju Body Contouring Machine to Your Practice?
Obviously you are the only one who can decide what types of therapy should be offered in your office or spa. But the Verju fat reduction laser system offers a world of benefits over traditional liposuction that many people are going to find extremely attractive. Including those who have long sat on the fence, unwilling to subject themselves to the trauma and extended recovery required by liposuction.
In addition, patients whose need for fat reduction is less extreme will want to take advantage of the ability of the Verju system to produce subtle enhancements to their profile. For these individuals the Verju body contouring machine allows them to undergo periodic ‘tune ups’ that enable them to maintain their toned profile.
Liposuction has had a great run and is not likely to become obsolete any time soon. But it’s not the only game in town anymore. Today you can offer your patients and clients a better, less dangerous, more refined way to lose body fat and regain the trim, sculpted profile of their past. The Verju cellulite reduction laser/machine is how it’s done.
For more information Contact Us.